Housing.. You may be asking what the best housing is for your birds..
The information I gathered/already knew, is.. It is always a good idea to have complete shelter for your birds, complete shelter from the natural elements (Rain, Snow, Heat/Cold, etc..) Here are some ideas you should consider.
- Lifted off of the ground; away from predators. If this is not possible, you can use 1/4" hardware cloth AND 1-cm hardware cloth about 1-2 feet into the ground so the predators cannot dig into the coop or run.
- Fence made of 1-cm hardware cloth and poultry fencing **NOT Chicken Wire; That is made to keep YOUR birds IN and isn't made to keep predators out. The Fence is for the run. For the coop, you should have something about 1/2" and weatherproof; also some hardware cloth in case of something like a raccoon or possum attempts to get in and is blood thirsty.
- A wooden or Concrete floor so predators cannot get to your birds as easily.
- A Roof or something to block wind/rain/sun, hawks, owls, or anything than can climb or fly.
- Lastly, a fan or something for in the summer so they don't over heat; vice versa - A Heater or heat lamps so they don't freeze in the winter unless you are going to cull/kill them.